Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Secret

So, if you know me you know I am a pretty big fan of the documentary-type movie The Secret. The secret is pretty much the law of attraction, it is the claim that whatever you have in your life, good or bad, is in your life because you attracted it through your thoughts, words, actions, and feelings. With the purchase of my house I am realizing I have nothing to put in my house. So, as of about a week ago i have been trying to attract the following things into my life as CHEAP-ly or as FREE-ly as possible:

Fridge -

Washer & Dryer - My brother Cary said he'd give me the extra set he has in his basement.

Microwave - Brother Cary also has an extra microwave if I need it.

Kitchen Table - Bought a nice glass kitchen table at DI for $35. Need to find chairs.

Chairs for Kitchen Table -

Couch - 3 leads. First lead was a nasty nasty nasty couch. Other two leads are free and promising...will update on end result.

1 Bed -

End Table -

Entertainment Center
-

Book Case
-

There are also things I need to do with which I will definitely need to attract some help or knowledge my way. I took the first 3 days I will own the house off so I can pull up the carpet that is currently in there, sand and refinish the wood floors, and paint the interior. Also, probably around summer time I will be putting up siding on the garage addition which the previous owner started but didn't finish. I am looking forward to the work I will be putting into this house and the things which I will learn in the process. I know you want pictures, I will be closing in a week and a half and will take some before and after pictures of the house for you all.

4 comments:

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Camille said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

When do I get to see pictures of your house?

Random Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones