Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Luckiest

It's not often we can look back at disappointments or let-downs in life and figure out why things happened the way they did. This past week I am fortunate to be able to look back at this past year and understand more fully why certain events needed to take place.

Back in January I was about to receive a promotion to be a service manager at the bank. The promotion was blocked by my manager's manager because he wanted to keep me in his area. I have been considered and nearly awarded the same promotion four times since January. This week I was finally awarded the promotion I have been working hard to achieve since I was a teller at the bank.

Next Monday I move to my new branch to start my new position as the service manager. My new position will entail managing the tellers at my branch, making sure the branch passes its annual audit, and working with the branch manager to ensure the branch minimizes losses and maximizes profits. It is going to be a fun new challenge for me but I have been preparing for this for quite some time.

Believe it or not, this promotion is not even close to most the most exciting thing that has happened to me in the last little bit. For the past four months I have been dating Maria... You can call her Mar as long as you don't say it like a gringo ;) It has been going great and I am quite happy to say the least. I met her at work and never would have met her had I received this promotion any sooner than I did. Mar was born in Spain and raised in El Salvador. She moved back to Spain for Middle School. She lived in Long Beach California for her high school years and two years of college at Cal State University Long Beach. She has lived in Utah for the past year with her family. She makes me happy and I am more optimistic about where things are headed than I ever have been before.

Sometimes I feel like I am blessed with a lot more than what I deserve in life. This is one of those moments.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Well congrats on the new job. I hope it all goes well. Glad to see you have news to blog about.

bob and sara rich said...

bryce, i hardly see you anymore man, what have you been up to? (besides the obvious last post) We should hang out sometime, and yes i realize there is a stigma looming about that married's cannot intermingle with singles (or otherwise relationshipped), but damn the stereotype, I want more Bryce!

Julie said...

You need to update your blog......

Random Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones